Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Storybook Favorites

OU's Haunted Halls
OU's Haunted Halls

The University of Oklahoma's Great Room: Reporting from Bizzell

This initial storybook grabbed my attention, not only by its title but also by the content. As a current student at OU, it was interesting to read ghost stories about buildings and locations on campus. The introduction provided enough information to know exactly what the storybook was going to be about, and grabbed your attention to continue reading. I especially liked the opening line from OU's alma mater. The author of the storybook's design was great. Not only was the information interesting to enough to continue to reading, but the pictures helped with the flow as well.

Once Upon a Time
World of Princesses

While I'm a sucker for anything princess related, this particular storybook I enjoyed reading.  I love anything that has to do with princesses or is princess related, and this storybook was that. Not only did the author give you the background of the two princess stories, but also put a slight spin on the original story. I liked how the author used a letter format to tell the stories of the two Japanese princesses. The introduction told you exactly what the storybook was going to be about and that the format of the storybook was very feminine. However, I did not like how there were no pictures. The author of the storybook could have included original pictures of the two Japanese princesses, verses just having generic pictures as the background.

Underwater Attractions
Underwater Attractions

Crystal's story: Great- Gran Pearl

First of all, who doesn't love mermaids? I really enjoyed reading this storybook because not only did it incorporate a beauty element to the stories, but it also highlighted mermaids. Although this storybook was longer than some of the others, including 4 different stories, I enjoyed every one of them. The stories were very interesting and I found myself wanting to know what was next. The author was creative in combining the salon element and highlighting the customer's story and the retelling of each mermaid story. It allowed you to feel like you were actually the client listening to the stories. The introduction immediately caught my attention because it gave enough details about what the story was going to be about, along with the salon element. The storybook flowed well in the retelling of the original mermaid stories, and the author included pictures with each story, which I liked a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment