Tuesday, January 16, 2018

My favorite Places... Houston, Colorado, Tyler

These three cities may seem unexciting to some of you, but I've had the best memories and time in these cities!

Houston, Texas
I grew up in Houston, Texas for the past 19 years of my life. I've created my best memories here, I made my best friends, laughed a lot, cried a lot, and explored one of the best cities with the greatest people. Houston is one of my favorite places, because it will always be "home" no matter where I actually may be. 
Houston skyline: Wikimedia

Colorado
I've always enjoyed nature and the outdoors. The smell of the outside and the beauty of nature brings a smile to my face. Colorado is one of my favorite places because there is so much beauty everywhere. While it may be cliche to say it's one of my favorite places, but it truly is. I love the presence of the mountains and that there are plenty of locations to go and see them, as well as there are plenty of opportunities to go and explore nature there. 

The Manitou Incline is one of my most favorite yet difficult experience in Colorado. 

Manitou Incline: Wikimedia

Tyler, Texas
About a year ago, my family moved to Tyler, Texas to live on the lake. While at first I was upset about leaving Houston and all of my friends, living on the lake is actually pretty great. It gives my friends and family the opportunity to leave the busy city of Houston and come and relax for a couple of day on the lake. It's definitely been a change in my life, but its been for the good. It's nice waking up in the morning, sitting on the back porch with a good cup of coffee, and enjoying the peaceful scenery of the lake from my backyard. While sometime I wish we still lived in Houston, I've enjoyed the new experience of moving somewhere new. 


Personal photo of a sunset from my boat dock.


Personal photo of my backyard along with my two dogs exploring their new home.  


1 comment:

  1. What a great range of pictures, JJ: there are so many different kinds of places to enjoy and be happy in! And the name of that place in Colorado gets my attention right away of course: Manitou! I'm not sure how the place got its name (but it is a Native word found in many placenames), and learning about the Manitou tradition would be a great project for this class: Wikipedia: Gitche Manitou

    ReplyDelete