Monday, January 22, 2018

Reading Options

The UnTextbook

Every Classic fairytale starts with this: http://www.adathatikvah.org/hebrews-upon-time/

Classic Fairy Tales
More English Fairy Tales

Wow! First of all, there were so many options for stories and genres to choose from. While I've always been a sucker for classic fairy tales, I find all of them to be quite interesting. There are a few that I've heard of and enjoy reading, but there are new ones to explore. I hope to read more classic fairy tales in the future.

"The Old Witch" (The Old Witch)

Since there were so many options of fairy tales to read, whether they came from unit one or two, I chose to read "The Old Witch". I enjoyed reading this fairy tale, because it had two perspectives of the same story. When you help others out, they are more willing to help you when you need it too, verses when you are selfish and only think about yourself, friends aren't as willing to help you. Being loyal and treating others the way you want to be treated can be helpful and beneficial.

"Alice in Wonderland" (Alice in Wonderland)

Lewis Carroll's main character in Alice in Wonderland, Alice: Wikimedia
I chose this specific unit to read about because I always enjoyed the movie of "Alice Wonderland". I liked the layout and reading options that were in this chapter because it was a continuous story of a classic that everyone knows about. It highlighted special stories that were in the film, for example, the rabbit that is always late, the caterpillar, and Alice's adventure. Overall, I am excited to continue to look into these stories and read the continuation of each of the sub stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment