Monday, March 5, 2018

Week 8 Reading and Writing

Reading and Writing
At first, I found the reading assignments to be difficult. Only because there were so many stories to read and some were much longer than others and I was so confused on what to put into my notes and what not to put in them. However after a few weeks of the weekly readings, I got the hang of it. It did help that we had two reading assignments each week and were required to document out notes. I also found it beneficial when I realized we did not have to have notes for each story, but only the ones that we were interested in, or thought about retelling. This helped since each reading part had about 10 stories within it. I do believe that the reading notes help when it comes to picking which story I want to retell each week, however if I create poor notes, sometime I have to reread the original stories a few time, but I do find the weekly notes to be beneficial. I keep my reading notes to simple bullet points and highlight the main ideas of the stories, and maybe a few fine details. This helps when I go back to my notes in remembering what the story was about.

Class Project
So far, I am really enjoying the class project. While at first, I was very confused and kind of intimidated by what the project entailed, but I am actually having fun with it. Since my project is about traveling and is a little more personal than others, I am enjoying telling my personal story. I am also finding it fun to include my personal experiences to the original stories from around the world. I look forward to continuing the project this semester!

Biggest Accomplishment
In this class so far, I believe that my biggest accomplishment would be stepping out of my comfort zone and telling my story. While this is a challenge in itself, I am enjoying sharing a little of my life story through my storybook.

Everyday Quote: Mesewcrazy

I really like this photo that I used in the learning challenge extra credit. It's a little reminder to find the good in each and every day. While so much negative and bad things could occur in a day, its important to focus on the positive in life. I also like this photo because its an informal one that looks like something someone created for themselves.

Looking Forward
One way I can improve my reading and writing in this course would be to take more time to make sure I am satisfied with what I am creating. I could improve my weekly notes by maybe not using bullet points but actual sentences to improve the detail I put into my notes and a way I could improve my writing/ stories would be to improve my author's notes. I could explain better what the story was originally about and improve what I changed or fixed.


No comments:

Post a Comment