Monday, March 5, 2018

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Feedback In
I am very impressed by the feedback that I received on my project. Each person that commented included something positive about the project itself and then included a suggestion or two, which is beneficial. Something that I really like that commenters did was catch the mistakes that I may have not seen when rereading my posts. For example, sometimes its hard to catch your own spelling errors because you know what you want to say, and you just read it as if it were like that. So its nice to see that others are able to catch the mistakes I may have made. I also like that readers are giving suggestion on how to improve my stories in a positive manner.

Feedback out
I enjoy reading other peoples storybooks and portfolios because its interesting to see how people use their creativity to create their stories. One thing that I find to be a challenge for me personally is writing a 150 word comment. While this doesn't seem like a challenge, sometimes I just run out of words and feel like I may fluff my response to some individuals. I need to work on this, however I like giving other author's feedback on how to improve their projects and any telling them what I like about their projects also.

Blog Comments
Oh, I loved reading other peoples introduction posts. I really felt like I got to know a little more about the other students in this class aside from just their names. Plus, it helped when starting to read other stories and posts they had. It helped make them a little more personal. I also like that we comment on other peoples posts and give feedback to them on what we liked and any suggestions they may need.

Looking Forward
Looking forward in this course, I personally need to work on giving better feedback to other students. Sometimes I give people a generic comment, and I should put more time and effort into my responses. Also when giving them positive words back, I should be more specific in what exactly I like about their story or posts, and if I have any suggestions I should be more clear with those.

Cat Criticism: Cheezburger


I believe that all criticism can be beneficial to writers whether it is brutal or not. We all hate criticism, but without it, we would never get better. So, I felt this image was important because not only is it cute yet funny, its message is  important. We can all learn from criticism. I also think its funny because the brown cat is definitely cutting eyes to the white one, but that just makes the image more cute. Overall criticism is important to make any writer better, we need it in order to improve our writing skills. 



No comments:

Post a Comment