Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Week 10 Story: The Story of the Fox

You may have read my tale "The Fox- Woman, and if you did then you know my story. If not I'll give you a brief synopsis about it.

Red Fox: Nps

I am a fox who takes the form of a woman, and does wifely duties. I come and take care of the house while my husband is away, but when he returns I am my beautiful human self, but there is one problem. I release a foul odor once I have been in my human form for a while.

You may be wondering how I become a woman if I am a fox, and the truth is, I am not really sure how this occurs. There is some magical power that allows me to be a fox in the outdoors but once I enter a home, I am this beautiful woman.

To be honest, I enjoy being my fox self more than the human form. I love running in the outdoors and climbing anything that I can see, and plus I get to use the bathroom outside. Oh, and I can also smell and no one cares.

In my human form, I have to do all these stupid chores. I have to clean the house and make sure everything is tip top in shape. Plus, I don't really like using human showers because they are weird to me. So, once I begin to really smell and put out this foul odor, I leave. I leave the home forever and try to stay in my fox form for as long as I can!

So, now you have heard my story. You may see me running around in the forest, or if you're a male who has been away for a whole, you may see me in your home. And, if your home is clean, please thank me for my work. I spent lots of time making sure it was clean for you, and I absolutely hate doing that. I just wish I could live in my fox form forever!!

Author's note:
The Fox- Woman
Tales of the North American Indians by Stith Thompson (1929)

I decided to give the perspective of the fox woman from the original story. In my story above I give you a brief synopsis of the story, and tell you how the fox feels about her work. I wanted to make it similar to the story line of the original story, but try and make it a little funny. 

2 comments:

  1. Julianna,
    This story was great! I read the original version of the Native American tales also for my readings, and I found that the human to animal form was very common theme, and I was very confused by it. So I like how in your story you addressed this and said that not even the fox knew how this happened! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JJ! I thought this story was good, and I am always all-for telling a story from a different perspective, particularly a woman's which I do not feel there are enough of in the literature. I got a very "foxy" feel from the way the story was told that I enjoyed as well. All in all this was well written and funny. Good job!

    ReplyDelete